Corinne Maul De Soto, ND, MS
I believe that access to safe and effective health care is our birthright. The knowledge and power to heal is something we can all access and my goal as a physician is to educate patients so that they feel confident and comfortable about the decisions they make for themselves and their children. I have seen first-hand how the foundations for lasting health (including diet, sleep, exercise, and “play time”) are best established in early childhood.
My professional and life experiences continually inform my medical knowledge and how I care for my patients. After completing my undergraduate degree in Optical Engineering I realized that I wanted to work with people, not machines. A few short years later I was in Guatemala studying herbal medicine and teaching sustainable gardening classes to women. Then, three important life-changing events happened: I met a fun and caring man and fell in love; I started my path to becoming a healer; and I got sick with a parasite that took three years to heal. Through these experiences I received three gifts: a husband who is my best-friend and the loving father of our two daughters; a medical practice that allows me to help people thrive; and a lesson from my parasite, which taught me that health is a gift we must continuously cherish and maintain. My marriage and experience in Guatemala also taught me about working with diverse cultures and how many problems with health care are universal.
As a family physician, I empower my patients and help them navigate their health through all stages of life. I collaborate with other pediatricians, mental health workers and medical specialists to provide truly holistic medicine. I offer my patients a customized, guided health care system that other doctors do not; a system that includes nutrition, herbal medicine, homeopathy, craniosacral, IV therapy, labs and imaging plus pharmaceutical medications. We will work as a team to achieve and maintain your health goals because I am your partner in sickness and in health.
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, National College of Natural Medicine
- Master of Science in Integrative Medicine Research, National College of Natural Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Optical Science and Engineering, University of California, Davis
Professional Associations and Committees
- Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians (PedANP)
- Hawaii Society of Naturopathic Physicians (HSNP)
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP)
- AANP Committee member, Vaccine Task Force
- AANP 2014 Annual Conference Faculty
- Business Network International (BNI), Kona Krew Chapter
Publications and Presentations
- Maul De Soto, C. (2013). Challenges and Successes to Practicing Naturopathic Medicine Abroad (Master’s Thesis). The National College of Natural Medicine Library.
- Maul De Soto, C. (2014). Challenges and Successes to Practice Assessed Among
Naturopathic Global Health Practitioners. Oral research presentation at the annual meeting of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, Phoenix, AZ.com (Contributing author)
- Kona Moms, Community Expert and member
- HOPE Services Hawaii – Ulu Wini, Volunteer and Educator
Skills and Hobbies
- Public Speaking
- Fluent in Spanish and some Japanese
- Salsa dancing
- Playing with my children